Fastest Internet Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a previous poster said, if you have broadband it is irrelevant. If you can tell the difference you have other problems -spyware, adware, etc.

If you want Active X risks with IE, go ahead. If not, use anything else.

I'm suprised no one has mentioned K-Meleon:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/

its based on gecko,mozilla's rendering engine, but is much faster especailly with the included loader; its even zippy on my old pentium 166mhz laptop.

For linux dillo is definiely the fastest browser.It's not too great at rendering pages but it gets the job done.

maroon1 said:
if opera is better than firefox, why more people use firefox than opera??

Because FireFox always was free. Opera used to be paid software until a few weeks ago.

Opera is also faster on Linux, btw.

Okay, when you guys talk about fastest web browser i don't get it. I mean if you got a really fast internet connection isnt your web browser going to go fast regardless of which browser you have?

I didnt know a web browser could slow down or speed up your internet speed.
And if it does effect your connection speed is it really that significant?

The browser can effect your speed, it does have to process the data and render the page, and the time it takes depends on the page content,the computer specs,and the browser.

okay so it does effect the speed, so what? i use opera and ie and i dont notice difference when it comes to speed, its probably milliseconds faster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom