facebook virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to upload photos to FB today, didnt have the uploader installed so I clicked to install it, then the fake av appeard to be scanning my system......So even doing legit things can trigger these

I just spent 3 hrs doing scans because of clicking on a friends photo. same thing as Osiris. instantly there it was. wish I could have captured it, but I quickly closed everything and started scanning.
What about the people on facebook who send random ads to you. I mean I get this from close friends as well as people i don't know. the computer itself comes up clean in scans yet they keep having messages sent from their accounts. I don't understand how these things can happen unless they are stupid enough to enter their login info on one of those fake logins.
Mikee, it's not that they're stupid; these companies know how to bury themselves from the novice - intermediate user. Here's the fix... 4 clicks deep. settings-privacy settings-news feed and wall-facebook ads. There are 2 places that need to have "no one" then Save Changes.
MWSnap02811-29-09.jpg
MWSnap02911-29-09.jpg

so getting something like this from someone you know is because of apps the person has?

Possibly. They could also have some malware that targets FB. I have a friend who has been having similar problems.

facebook has rewritten some of their program. This security page shut my streaming radio down. Seemed to pertain to this thread.

MWSnap04512-10-09.jpg

I ran into a friend who had a virus last week, similar to IM program viruses where as soon as the person or you got online he would send you a message with something like, "OMG IS THIS UR PICS? LOL LOOK (link)". Anyway, I got online and got a Facebook IM with something like that. I googled and told him about it and he had no idea...Facebook security's page had instructions on how to fix it. Stange though, I didn't expect that at all. Looks like it is happening more and more though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom