Facebook seems to always be in the back button IE9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picture is too small but I'm guessing it's showing when you right click the 'Back' button you see Facebook listed. If yes, then nope...I don't see it lol.

Try cleaning your browsing history/cookies/temp internet files and see if it helps.

My homepage is set to msn it usually happens when I click on articles within msn, or yahoo. Sometimes just different websites it does this. Could it be that I have facebook blocked in my host file?

I cant tell cause i cant see the image. If you have FB blocked you would never be able to go there. It wouldnt be stored in the back location if that was the case.

Those are just the sites that are in your History. They are listed in the back button cause you have previously been there.

The facebook (plugins) and (externs) always show up when I go into a article from msn so instead of taking me back to msn it stays on the article until I click the back button 1 to 6 times then it finally takes me back to msn. This is my work laptop and facebook is a no no so I don't dare use it at work. Plus I blocked it in my host file so I can't get there anyways. Could it be a setting in my internet options?

Go into your Browser, clear your history and yoru cache. You have to remember EVERY site on the internet is linked to Facebook. You click an article, it is linked to Facebook. You click on another article there is a like button or a like us on facebook button.

It isnt a setting, it isnt part of the host files. It has nothing at all to do with your setup. You forget that the world is plugged into Facebook. Just cause you dont dare go there on a work PC doesnt mean that the rest of the world will cater to you.

Strange this is the same suggestion that was the very first response. The whole clean out your cookies/cache/history. Did you bother to do it way back then?

This is not anything associated with IE9 at all. Cause if it was, then more people would have experienced this. Since that has been the only browser i have used since it was released, and i dont have those listed in my back button, it is not related to the browser or any of its settings. It is something specific to your machine and your setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom