Facebook CSS Problems?... Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can still be a issue with the network card and the router. Could not be communicating correctly. No matter where it is located. Could be incompatible. Could be there is a glitch in the firmware. I have had routers that wouldnt never work on my machine but work fine for others. Does that mean something is wrong with my machine? No cause it worked fine with a router change. There was just something about that router that didnt work with my setup.

How about a site that just started doing the same as above? My wife's computer doesn't fully load Yahoo Mail. but did up until a couple of nights ago.

Have you tried to clear the cache and all that Trotter? Dumb question i know. What about trying different browsers along with just trying a straight connect.

Have to figure out if it is a router problem or something else. I know you have messed with your router config a bit so it might have something to do with it.

Could be something with Firefox and the way it works with CSS. I rarely use Firefox but i do notice that on Facebook it is extra freaky. Even when it does work.

Have you tried to reset the modem? If that does nothing i would contact your ISP. The modem could be dying. That would be all that i could think of.

Alright, finally solved it! It was a web filtering program that someone had installed earlier.
Apparently it was blocking the CSS files from downloading. For some reason though, it was still working even though I had disabled all the startup items and 3rd party services. Of course, this also explains the weird 127.0.0.1 loopback errors as well, since the filter was redirecting all traffic through itself in order to do the filtering.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Interesting. By any chance can you give the name of the software? Could be that it had a startup service.

K9 Web Protection
K9 Web Protection - Free Internet Filtering and Parental Controls Software

The thing that finally tipped me off to it was I started in safe mode with networking and when I opened up IE, it gave a custom error page that said the K9 filter wasn't working properly. So I'm not sure how it works but it works without changing any of the usual network settings. I had to completely uninstall it before it would let me do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom