Facebook CSS Problems?... Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard596

In Runtime
I'm working on a friend's computer who is having trouble viewing facebook. Everything on facebook is displaying as a white background with plain text. I've attached a screenshot of it in IE7, but it does exactly the same thing in Firefox as well.

Any ideas what might be causing this? So far as I can tell, all other sites are fine.

Attachments

• IE7.jpg
    IE7.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 6,353
The site is not fully loading. Run CCleaner to clear teh browser cache for IE and firefox.

The CSS is not loading. In Firefox, go to View>Page Style> make sure it's on Basic Page Style. Not sure how to do this in IE.

Also try what Mak said.

It would have to do either with your router or a plugin you are using.

It can't be the router because it does this both with their router and mine, plus all of my computers work fine.

Also, I have disabled all Firefox plugins and stared IE without addons and get the same result. Considering both IE and FF do the exact same thing, doesn't this look like more of a system-wide problem, rather than just the browser?

I have no idea because I've never seen this before.

Facebook loads up just fine for me with Firefox, Opera in Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Vista, XP and Windows 7. So i know it isnt the site or the browser you are using. So it has to be something with your setup. The reason i said router is because one of the errors pointed to the address 127.0.0.1 which is your router address.

Try hooking the PC right up to the modem.

If i can get it working on 2 different PC's with several different OS's and browsers. There has to be something on your end blocking it.

I know it's something on this end. It's obviously something within this particular PC. Like I said, my other PC's behind the same router work fine. That 127.0.0.1 error caught my attention as well, but I don't know what it means. Isn't that referencing the PC's own loopback? I know my router's address is 192.168.1.1.
I wasn't aware that browsers should ever be trying to connect to the loopback unless maybe you were running a local proxy/filter of some kind, which I'm not. I've also double checked that all proxy settings are clear.

Again did you try it with just the modem? Have you tried to hard reset the router?

No, I have not tried that yet. The reason being I have 7 other computers on the network, all of which are working perfectly and I haven't had an opportunity to disconnect them all with a router reboot. Also, considering that we're having this problem both at my friend's own house, as well as at my workshop, the chance of both routers having the same problem is pretty slim. I'll try a reboot and bypass the router as soon as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom