executed new windows wont load

Status
Not open for further replies.

usmcommando

Beta member
this is really pissing me off, i am running XP service pack 2 and this just started a little while ago, tho i have have sp2 for longer then the problem. i have also done norton, adaware and spybot scans. in IE when you click a link and it opens a new window the link does not load. also when you right click on a link and click open link in new window it does not work. i have tried everything and gone through everything, even did a restore point back 6 months and that didn't help so somebody please help!!

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm

IEFix - is a general purpose repair utility for Internet Explorer which repairs Internet Explorer by registering it's core DLL files and reinstalls using the IE.INF file. More Information is given below. Suitable for Windows 98/ME/2000/XP systems.

Fixes the following problems
Symptom 1: When you click a hyperlink in an e-mail message or on a Web page, or right-click a hyperlink on a Web page and then click Open in New Window, you may experience one or more of the following issues:

Nothing happens

The new window may be blank

You may receive a scripting error message

Symptom 2: When you use the Print command or the Print Preview command in Internet Explorer, nothing may happen.

Symptom 3: When you try to connect to Web folders, you may receive the following error message: "The current operation could not be completed because an unexpected error has occurred."

Symptom 4: Internet Explorer does not prompt for the default browser check even though the prompt is enabled in Internet Options.

Symptom 5: Internet Options Advanced tab is completely blank.

Symptom 6: Internet Explorer About box version information is completely blank.

Symptom 7: Address bar search does not work.

Symptom 8: Unable to type in text boxes in a search engine or website.

I'd say a corrupted IE. That shouldn't happen usually.
Try reinstalling IE or getting Opera or Firefox.
I don't think it's spyware....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom