Erease Firefox address, search and form feilds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan7777

Baseband Member
Hi I'm trying to scrub my firefox clean of any history and info put into feilds. I've used crap Cleaner and also gone into the options menue and selected Clear history and check ALL the options such as "Form and search history".

But when I go into the address bar and start typing in an address, a drop down menu pops up below listing all sorts of sites. I know there is an option to show nothing in the address bar...but someone only has to enable that to see similarly spelled addresses.
I don't understand why, if I erase my history under Options, there still shows all the websites I've been poping out of the search bar.

How do I fully erase this history from both Firefox and my PC?

Uninstall it and then delete the profiles. What version of Windows are you running?

windows XP

Where would I find the 'profiles' ?

Oh and are there legacy versions of Firefox available? I want to stick with Firefox 3.6

Thanks

oh ok.... found my profiles folder, I guess I can't just delete my profile folder without deleting my firefox?

Also I found my original install firefox 3.6.8.exe file, I don't know if it will work still if
it needs to go online for something it may be out of date...will that still work?
It;s just with updates there is always some kind of headache with updating Flash or Java or something like that...so I prefer to live in the past!

Thanks for any feedback.

you don't need to delete the profile, after clearing the cache from within the FF settings you have to restart your computer
Unlike IE, I found that restarting the browser was not always enough to complete the clearing and a full system restart had to be done

you can get firefox 3.6 from here - Mozilla Firefox 3.6

If it wants to download any updates just ignore it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom