Email links not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jowens

Baseband Member
Hello,

I am actually trying to resolve a problem on my brother's computer. When he opens an email in Microsoft Outlook Express and clicks on a link in it Internet Explorer opens - however it does not go to the website of the link. Instead IE just opens with nothing typed into the address bar - causing the screen to remain blank.

Is their a setting in IE or Outlook that he might have turned on to cause this problem? It used to work fine.

Thanks!

I know that he has installed Spyware programs on his system - could this cause the problem?

it sure could be! i would run a spyware and anti virus scan for sure.

make sure also that the address in the link is legit.

I was browsing the internet and found this tip on a web site. Not sure what it does but it worked:

Click on Start | Run and enter: 'REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL' (sans quotes). You should then have a dialog tell you that the procedure was completed. Next, fire up IE and Click Tools | Internet Options | Programs | then click the 'Reset Web Settings' button. Now, check to see if Web links work like they should in your e-mail client. With any luck, you'll have returned your system to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom