Email Fonts Received Appear Too Large

Status
Not open for further replies.

leecherous

Baseband Member
I am having difficulty reading my incoming email. The font size is extremely large and a full page is not legible. I'm speaking about LARGE type appearing as a "Size 60 to 80." I'm using AOL v8.0 on a Windows XP Pentium 4 computer with lots of hard drive space, memory and an excellent video card. I've even changed over to PeoplePC Dial Up from AOL and the fonts in email I receive are extremely LARGE. My desktop fonts and icons appear to be normal. Every other program including MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint indicates normal font size and these fonts can be altered. When sending email to others using Outlook Express, AOL or PeoplePC, others receiving my email have no complaints about font size. What can I do to fix large fonts in my received email in Outlook Express v6, AOL or PeoplePC? I've attempted to adjust size of text through the "View-Text-Size Pull-Down Menu" in Outlook Express or Internet Explorer to no avail. This "LARGE FONT LETTERING" problem is something I've never-ever seen before. When entering a UserID or Password in the UserID or PW Field on a website entry page, the cursor appears large (a wide rectangle) rather than a vertical flashing line. I'm running at 1024X768 screen resolution at 32 bit color quality. I'm confused.

Leecherous ...

So these font issues are for incomming messages only. Are the people sending them to you using large fonts? Or is this for every email you receive?
One thing you can check, is open Outlook Express, and click on tools, then options. From there, you click on the read tab, and select the fonts button on the bottom of that tab. The third option down is font size. Try decreasing that to see if it helps.

~Fawks

Red Fox,

I've tried all that you've suggested in your last posting without any improvement. The folks sending their email are NOT sending in large or unusual sized fonts. I must remind you that this problem is on my friend's computer and not my own personal PC. Every email sent to him is LARGE-LARGE-unusually LARGE. When the same "Senders" send their email to my personal computer, all fonts are legible or normal in size. When my friend "Sends email" to anybody, that includes me, WE see his incoming email fonts in a normal mode (not LARGE).

Well that is a weird issue, apart from the font settings that I pointed out, the only other option I know of is to open the email, click on the view menu and use the text size option in there. Have you tried looking up this issue in the microsoft knowledge base yet? I'll ask around at work tonight and see if any of the guys have a clue.

~Fawks

Email Fonts appear TOO LARGE

Red Fox,

Have you checked around your office-work location for a resolution to my problem. I've tried everything else suggested in this Forum, but nothing has worked to the good.

Yes I did, and apart from what I have suggested previously, that's about the only ways we know of to decrease font size in emails. So, unfortunately, I don't know what else you can try, other than browsing the ms knowledge base and seeing if they have heard of this before. I'll poke around there myself at some point, and see if I can find any know issues. If I do, I'll post the link for you.

~ Fawks

I finally fixed this problem. 'Ended up uninstalling and reinstalling IE v6.0 and Outlook Express including SPs. Evidently, somehow, sometime in the past history of this computer, a file corruption occurred. Even performing a "Windows XP System Restore" did not resolve the issue. Thanks for all your help, Red Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom