Email Blocked as a spam address wrongly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattizar

Beta member
Hi all,

I am trying to sort out my mothers dratted email issue once again. The problem this time appears to be that she has had her account banned for being a spammer. At least this is what the error messages say.

When trying to send emails using Outlook Express it fails giving the following message;

"The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'datodda@gmail.com'. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop3.btconnect.com', Server: 'mail.btconnect.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Message rejected due to sender IP reputation ([86.155.19.32]); see [url=http://miracare.mirapoint.com/checkip.html]Mirapoint: Miracare[/url] ', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79"

I have been to the miracare website and checked the ip and it says the ip address is high risk and sends spam on a regular basis. This cannot be true im pretty sure my mother isnt too sure what spam is let alone have the capability to send more than 5 emails a year.

Is this likely to be a piece of software on her computer that has caused the ip address to get flagged as a spammer or could it be a mistake on miracare's end?

Thanks
Mattizar

I doubt that this would be caused by spyware. If anything they could have hacked her email account. The best option in this case is to contact the email provider and talk to them. Find out details of when these so called spam messages occurred. That will be the best indication that either her system has spyware cause it will match the times she was on her PC or if she has it shut down it will not match times she was on the PC. If she leaves the PC on at all times, you can do scans to see if she is infected. But with the trickery used by such people, just by her reading or opening an attachment sent from someone that was infected she could have been.

One absolutely stupid problem with blacklists is they list the whole flippin' block of IP addresses.
The IP is listed on 5 blacklists.
Here is UCEPROTECT's

Net 86.128.0.0/10 is UCEPROTECT-Level2 listed because 7813 abusers are hosted by BT-UK-AS BTnet UK Regional network/AS2856 there.

Seems like your ISP is hosting A LOT of spammers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom