E-mail Clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Blitzkrieg.

Solid State Member
I don't have the Gmail, but the whole enthusiasm about it makes me want one. I have Outlook Express, but my parents e-mail from our internet provider, Verizon DSL, uses that. So I'm stuck with Yahoo! Mail. Which bugs me, because I hate having to go through so much trouble to get important e-mail messages.

I was wondering, is there any e-mail client like Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Gmail, that doesn't have to specific requirements for them? Is there an e-mail I can use that I can at least use in Thunderbird?

Also, I was using Windows Live Mail Desktop, which is kinda like the ones I mentioned above, but it has such trouble. It takes forever to load and sometimes it crashes itself.

Thanks in advance.

Just because your parents are you using outlook doesn't mean you can't as well. Outlook and thunderbird are a standalone desktop email clients and for the most part work with pop email accounts. (you can check web based email accounts with them but it takes some messing around with them) You could get another pop email account from your ISP and then you could use email clients to check your email. Or if you want a gmail account let me know.

I actually made a new email account with my ISP, but when it came to Outlook, I put in all the servers (incoming, outgoing, etc.) and it didn't even get my recent messages or anything.

Do you know if I can get a Gmail account? It would actually help me out, I'm in clubs at school that send me info. through email, and scholarships as well. And my SAT info. gets sent there.

.Blitzkrieg. said:
Do you know if I can get a Gmail account? It would actually help me out, I'm in clubs at school that send me info. through email, and scholarships as well. And my SAT info. gets sent there.

I have a bunch of invites if you want one. Either post up or PM me your Yahoo address and I'll send you one.

fjf314 said:
I have a bunch of invites if you want one. Either post up or PM me your Yahoo address and I'll send you one.

same here

If the pop email from your isp isn't working than call your isp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom