This Is Driving Me Insaneeeeeee!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyboy123x

Daemon Poster
I am about ready to kill someone... I just spent hours prepping my site for a launch, bought my hosting and domains for two+ years, etc

I test out my site in IE7, all is fine
Test in IE6, all is fine
Test in FF.... and the div is off again... the firefox version has the div tag shifted down a few pixels, but just enough that you notice it is off center from the other div box behind it - EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE THE EXACT SAME

So I keep on editing it, and finally notice that firefox and IE show the headings in a different way, h2 for ff is the same as h3 for ie...

I changed it to a font size 5 instead, but any way that I can make use of the headings tags and still have it compatible cross platform? (within a div tag)

Are you using CSS? There's probably a way to tell it what size the font should be for <h3>

Maybe you could drop something like this into your HTML:
Code:
<style>
		H3
		{
		font-size:[i][b]size[/b][/i];
		}
</style>
I could be completely off, I am really inexperienced with this kind of stuff.

Yh css shoud work (im not promising anything lol) , also if that dosent work grab a "browser different, different page" script off the net and have 2 different pages ;) (if you can be bothered oviostly)

(sorry , im an awful speller)

sweet, the css worked great - im pretty new to it and didnt know you could do things like that with the headings :eek:

also thanks for the "different browser - different page" tip... i got that program "multiple ie's" and have been testing it out... seems like ie7 and ff can display images right and everything... now if only ie6 could show transparent PNG-24's correctly :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom