Downloading Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

*ExTrEmZ*

Baseband Member
Ever since I got a Wireless router none of my downloads work! Like I download all these p2p programs but when I wait like 5 mins for a file to start it never does

Does anyone know whats wrong

Thx~Extremez

What p2p programs are you using? Bittorrent and I think Kazaa refused to work when I got my wireless router until I enable port forwarding in my router configuration page. It been working perfectly ever since.

What is the manufacturer of your router? The setup is slighly different for different routers. For example, in my D-Link, I go into router config and click Advanced --> Applications. Then I enter the blank fields, check Enabled and click Save (I think) and I'm done. You also need to know the ports that the p2p program in question uses i.e. BitTorrent: 6881

OK I just fund this link in another post. It gives step by step instructions on how to enable port forwarding for a number of different routers.

ok i thought you meant you wrre downloading the EXE files for the p2p programs ... :p my bad :)

Sorry for the post but theres one problem I have I have all the info about the Port Forwarding of the IP port range but I dont have the IP addresss of it and it dosnt show it on the list. How can I get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom