download stops at same place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmadb84

Solid State Member
hello

i have a cable connection at home...and at some point everything was ok...but after there was an attempt to increase the speed of the connection by the provider, i started having problems with the download!

i'm downloading something...and it stops...sometimes because the connection goes idle or because there's traffic..or because of whatever reason...this is not the problem...

the problem is that when i try downloading this specific file again, it stops at the same place!...and it doesn't matter if i'm using a download manager...and it doesnt matter if i'm downloading it from rapidshare (or similar sites) or from a secure site...

it just stops at the same place! :angry:

does anyone know where is the problem? :confused:

is it because of the cache?..there's a cache for the downloads?
is it because of a certain timeout for the proxy?

btw, the problem is not from my computer, coz when i use the slow dial-up connection, the downloads work normally...

help
:rolleyes:

no..not using firefox...downloading it....will try it..

but the thing is, i dont have this problem when i use the dial-up connection...so i'm not sure problem is with my internet explorer browser..

i'll try it and let u know what happens

thnx for the reply :)

tried it...same problem :(

downloads stop at the same place!

another problem that i have is that some sites take ages to appear...most of them are forums...but for example...download.com takes ages...

not sure if they're related..

the speed of my connection is around 80Kbps...

:(

alright...got the no script extension...

concerning my problem...any other suggestions?

no...some downloads work...but if one of them stops...it's over for me...i try downloading it again and it stops at the same place!

and they dont all stop at the same percentage...some at 60%, some at 10%..and so on...!

btw Trotter, the no script plug-in worked wonders! :)
what used to take 10 minutes, now takes 10 seconds!..

any similar plug-ins for downloads?
i tried the one u put, but no use...:(

r u sure guys u had the same problem as mine? and the reason is internet explorer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom