Download Speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azz-Kiker

Beta member
Hi there, this is my first post on these forums. I hope some one out there can help me with my problem.

I have been having download troubles for a few weeks now, I am running on a 2mb AOL connection through a Belkin router. My connection is fine when playing games, my ping isnt affected. But when I come to do downloads or buffer videos from web sites, my connection just dies, I have done many speed tests on many different sites at different times of the day. All of which have gone to about 500kb/s at max. When I got my mate over for a little lan, when he tried to do a test to see if it was my router at fault, he got the maximum download speed each time he ran a test.

I had an on board network port, which was a Marvell Yukon, I went out and bought a Realtek card thinking that this was the cause of my problems... nope, still not getting any faster speeds, I've altered everything that i can think of to make it go faster, i've diasabled all my firewalls and still no joy.

Please help !

Checked all my ports and it appears to be all correct, going to try doing a windows re-install just in case i've corrupt anything in there...

Will post up once i've done this.

I dont think that will help you. You may be on 2mb line but the speeds you get at 500 sound about right. Have to filter in your distance from the main hub. That slows down your net. Have to filter in nearby people on the net. Since DSL and phone lines travel thru the same lines.

Then you have to filter in the net activity and other such things. So yeah that sounds about right. I have a 4mb line and i get some speeds as fast as your cause of all these factors. It sucks. I cant wait since i am moving i will be closer to the main hub and get faster speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom