Download Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

instantclassic036

Baseband Member
Hey to whoever reads this.,

I've got a problem, and I don't know what to do.

When I try to download large files, say over 20MB (right now its a 75MB file) my download starts, then stalls after about 700kB and just sits there.

How can I stop this? I use Firefox/3.0.10 as my primary browser, but its happened with IE7 and IE8 as well.

I've used ccleaner to try and see if it would help, and it got it up to 6MB before it stalled, but nothing more.

Any ideas?

I'm using

Vista Home Premium
Firefox/3.0.10

and any other things you need to know, just ask.

Thanks for the help!!!

I have no idea what my internet speed is. Never bothered to look. I've got broadband. eh. Its a local company here in Wyoming, silverstar communications.

And no, I'm not downloading torrents. Well this file isn't one. Its a mod for my NASCAR sim/game.

And I've downloaded torrents without problems in the past so I know that's not the issue.

It says

Download: 1.32Mbps
Upload: 0.63Mbps
Ping: 185ms

and yea, it could be the other guy. idk. The last time it happened, i waited like 2 weeks and all of a sudden they started downloading again.

Try installing the FlashGot extension and using it for the download.

Tried that...didn't work either. And its not their server hosting the file, because a lot of people have downloaded it recently. and i double checked all my connections and settings and I have no blocks.

I can download torrents just fine. 700Mb+ without issue...

Its just trying to download large files from websites....ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom