Does this interest you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McHopsky

In Runtime
Since I learned HTML and how to use Photoshop and all that jazz, it's been a goal/dream of mine to have my own website. Ive been trying to think of an idea for a website that: people would need, it wouldnt be complicated to make, it would be easy to maintain and I could have some advertising.

I finally thought of an idea and made a layout in Photoshop, showed it to my friends and for the last two days I've been coding it together in Dreamweaver.

The idea is basic. A one page website with a list of all useful freeware programs in categories ranging from Web Browsers to Drive Cleaners and a link of where you can download it.

The way I see it is, I'm always searching for free programs when I dont have the cash to put out and It's quite a hassle to search Google. I always end up at some website, get all excited and realize I have to pay 20 dollars after 30 days or so. This way, people can come to this website, look at the category they need and download a program within a few minutes. No more hassling around with download.com or MajorGeek.com.

Ok, enough talking, here the layout is:

http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=idea26ce.jpg

After seeking advice from a few friends, I've realized it looks similar to one of those generic ad-pages when you misspell a popular website.

As for the name - I dont know, I just put that up there after hearing the name "Craigslist", a popular classifieds website. Thats just there for now.

As for the size, the image was shunk, so the real website is probably twice as big, ie: only the first two columns are visible at 1024 x 768. I may make it smaller.

Would you guys find this website useful?

Think its a good idea?

How can I make it look more user friendly and less like a generic ad page?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks for the help so far.

Would you ever use the site, however? Do you think it could work?

Personally I don't think I would use it. I would visit Download.com and select "freeware". Unless your site would be better ofcourse.

Major, you oughta use MajorGeeks.com!

McHopsky, don't make your page any wider than 800 unless the page is scalable. The reason for that is that many people use the 800x600 resolution (ancient though it is), and having to scroll to the side is a major turn off.

Looks alrite,

But will you be updating it every time an new version comes out.

Nice add "Microsoft Paint.NET" to the Art programs its nice not as nice as Gimp but it will make paint fans happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom