Dodgy Broadband Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Everything to Nothing
Hi

I have a 2mb Tiscali Broadband Connection with a Belkin ADSL Wireless- G Router. There are two computers in our house, they are both similair, one computer is wired to the router via ethnert and the other one is wireless. The internet works fine, its fast and downloads files quickly but when the phone rings the internet disconnects. It takes ages to reconnect again. This is extremely irriatating. I dont think it is anything to do with the router as we used to have a standard USB modem. The internet also cut out when we used that.

Thanks for reading, a relpy would be appreciated.

Do you have the adsl filter connected up propperly , make sure you have got your broadband cable in the digital jack

yeah it seems to be connected alrite, by the way how do you change the thing so im not a viergin techie coz im not??

Its related to your post count , however you can change it to a custom rank via User CP ;)

As for you dogey connection have you checked your router for settings that may look out of place , usually you can access your gateway via 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.0.2 depending on whats config
Does this happen also on the wired pc and have you tried connecting without the router just via the ethernet cable/ modem?

by the way how do you change the thing so im not a viergin techie coz im not??

It changes at either 20 or 30 posts. After that, you can make it whatever you want... within the rules, of course.

Trotter said:
After that, you can make it whatever you want... within the rules, of course.

You're just the party pooper, aren't you Trotter :p

I wanted to put (Mr. Chubbs), but you won't let me :amazed:

What'd he get banned for ? 7948 posts there , must have been pretty miffed about that!

yeah well the whole internet cuts out, annoying when playing bf2

i think got banned foor calling trotter a party pooper
No, he was banned for something else. If I banned people for disagreeing with me there would be far fewer around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom