DNS issues *Need help*

Status
Not open for further replies.

dantrez

Beta member
I recently re-pointed a domain to a new DNS. Now that the change has happened, I can't access the placeholder webpage that has taken over the old content, nor can I access the sitebuilding software hosted by the isp. When I go to the web address www.the-firehouse.org, I get the old website, not the empty page, waiting to be rebuilt. I have done the following:

-Cleared the cache and all internet files from both IE and Firefox
-Cleared the DNS cache using dos
-Gone round and round with hosting company who insists the site is fine and the DNS is correct (I have confirmation from a 3rd party that this is true)
-shutdown and restarted my modem and wireless router

PLEASE! Can somebody offer any suggestions as to what else I can do to access this content? Thank you for any and all feedback!

Did you go thru your domain and make sure that nameservers were setup right to point to the right hosting?

Yes, I have confirmed through my hosting company as well as a third party that the nameservers are pointing in the right direction.

Well you have to wait for your ISP to get their DNS updated. You can try and force it with a ipconfig /flushdns but it wont force the nameservers of your ISP to find hte new ones. Just have to wait a day or 2 till they get found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom