Difficulty using web forms and posting messages - possible Javascript error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

achellios

Beta member
Esteemed colleagues:

Good morning. I'm having issues with submitting certain types of forms or information to the Internet. For example--I'm an avid user of Facebook, but when I attempt to use it from this computer, I am unable to post messages or reply to comments. This isn't a problem when I do the same on other computers, so it must be the local settings on the PC and not a problem with the webpage itself.

Another example is in the use of Gmail's online chat utility. Whenever I attempt to submit a picture to use as an avatar, the Gmail page simply freezes up. (With Facebook, the page refreshes to the Facebook front page when I submit the form.)

I've tried clearing my cookies and cached files, to no avail. I've uninstalled and reinstalled my Sun Java programs, as well, also with no effect. I'm at my wits end...any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much!

What browser are you trying to use to do this? Have you tried using any other browsers?

IE 6.0.2900. No, I haven't tried other browsers--I'm most familiar with IE, and I was hoping I could figure out the issue and fix it. IE seems to work fine with other computers on those webpages.

An update: I just uninstalled the Sun Java programs entirely, and the problem persists in exactly the same way. I guess it's isn't Javascript related, then.

It isn't a firewall issue, either. I've tried using other computers on the same network as mine, and they handle the form submissions as they're supposed too.

Frustration mounts... :mad:

Try this.

In IE, click Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab > Restore Defaults.

A thought... Allow popups for the sites you are having problems with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom