Dial Up Question/Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlySniper

Solid State Member
Hi,

I have the latest version of Netzero HiSpeed, but, when I am downloading something, like a patch for a game, my Netzero won't stay connected long enough for the patch to download. It just disconnects for no reason. This is making me very upset. Can anyone recommend anything? Please, if you have a solution, describe it well, because, I don't know a lot of computer stuff. I know basics, but not to much. Also, is there something that can make my internet fast, except switching to another ISP, like a program?

Thanks very much! :)

No. I have Netzero HiSpeed (cable or DSL not in my area) and it sucks balls. There is a limited time you can stay connected, and there is no way around this and there is no way to speed it up. The only thing you can do is get a download manager so you can resume downloads after you get disconnected. The "HiSpeed" is BS, and its almost laughable that they advertise it as 5x faster. I would suggest going with another ISP like SBC dial or Earthlink if DSL/Cable is not an option for you.

OK, I see. I totaly agree with you that 5x Faster is BS!! :) Where can I get a download manager? I hope its free.

Thanks again

Yes, I can get DSL and cable and other services, but, it just cost to darn much. Its $30 for Insight Broadband over here. I live in Louisivlle, Kentcuky.

OK, I downloaded both, and I installed Download Accelerator Plus. Can I and Should I install both? Will that give me like, twice the speed? or is it going to mess up eveything?

Dont Install Download Accelerator
Install Internet Download Manager.
And After Installing Go Into "Options" And Click On The Connections Tab, And Then Click On 16 Connections(Its Default Is 8),And Then Exit The Download Manager From The Tray Also And Restart The Download Manager.Dont Install Download Accelerator

all the "highspeed" dial up things are crap... all they do is reduce image quality on websites to load them faster. it doesn't make your downloads any faster, just lowers the quality to make it seem faster when surfing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom