Dell Pc, Text too large, All pages dont fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kentuckynet

Solid State Member
Hello, i recently hooked up a wireless router to a friends pc, the next day he told me when he went to his favorite newspaper site all the page didnt fit on his screen. He has to slide the bar at the botton to read it now. There were other sites like bass pro shops etc, they all share something in common im just not sure what. He's running windows xo home and he automatically takes updates from microsoft. Im quite cure he now has internet explorer 8. All his text size is pretty big, icons are small but letters are BIG.

Checked the acessability options all were set correctly.

Things i have done:

Checked the resolution, changed and icons and most things got tiny but bass pro and newspaper stayed too large, still have to move the bar at the bottom.

Went to dell and downloaded the video driver again and reinstalled, no changes

Checked the font size, normal

I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO.........HELP

Either: Hold down Ctrl+Scroll the mouse wheel down, or go to View > Text Size > Medium.

thanks, couldnt wait to try your advice!
It was already set to medium and i changed it to the smallest it has and still has no effect, the screen flickers or jumps a little when i make the changes but doesnt help any at all.

Other than reloading the entire operating system i have no idea how to fix this?????

Is it just those 2 sites? Have you tried reinstalling IE? Have you tried loading the pages into a different browser such as FireFox or Opera?

To my knowledge those are the only 2 sites he even goes to!
Google and a few of the ones i go to fit ok, not really sure how to remove and reinstall IE?
He would never want to change to firefox or something different, he like an old woman!

Is the PC on XP or Vista?

As for a different browser, just try it to check it. Don't have to make it the default. If it ends up working though, you can always get an IE skin for FF. I have an IE7/8 skin on my FireFox right now since I like its layout much more than IE. You can even change the shortcut icons to the IE logo, and re-name it 'Internet Explorer' if you like ;).

WINDOWS XP, I dont know what dpi means, i changed the pixel setting in the video properties. 1280x something...cant remember,(maximum)
Would prefer to keep IE8 just like it is, i could have easily reloaded windowns xp by now, but if someone new what the problem was i bet it could be changed in a couple of clicks rather than totally redoing the os........................
I personally have always hated firefox!

WINDOWS XP, I dont know what dpi means, i changed the pixel setting in the video properties. 1280x something...cant remember,(maximum)
Would prefer to keep IE8 just like it is, i could have easily reloaded windowns xp by now, but if someone new what the problem was i bet it could be changed in a couple of clicks rather than totally redoing the os........................
I personally have always hated firefox!

In that video settings window where you changed the resolution to 1280x1024 there is a button that says Advanced on the bottom right. Click on it and you should see on the window that opens a DPI setting. Make sure it's set to "Normal size (96 DPI)".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom