dang internet explorer! links don't work!! ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerriganm

Baseband Member
Okay, this is it: sometime this afternoon links in Internet Explorer stopped working correctly. Very suddenly. I've looked all over for help, but can only find postings for IE link problems in Win XP. I'm on a G4, OS X.

When i click on a link, I get the box usually seen if a command + click is involved:
- Internet Explorer Help
- Open link in new window
- Download link to disk
- etc.

Links work fine in Netscape. Unfortunately, I can't confine myself to Netscape.

Anyone have any ideas? Any help is appreciated- this is driving me crazy!

My best advice: Stop using Internet Explorer.

Suggestions for alternate browsers:

Safari
Camino
Firefox
Mozilla

This is not being fanboy-ish or anti-Microsoft, IE is the least kept up of all OSX browsers. It is the quality mark that all browsers must be above in order to be even considered worthwhile.

I agree With g2orburst on this one... firefox IS mozilla, right? I personally recommend FIREFOX! Thats what I use, and it works great, and has a nice popup blocker. IE is victim to a shitload of pop ups... believe u me lol/

Al

thanks for input! and yet...

thanks, guys. yeah, i know, microsoft sucks raw eggs. (and i did just download the latest netscape and safari... i guess i needed the added incentive.)

and yet... i'm a web designer and i need to test on all major platforms and browsers, so i'd still like to solve this problem. if anyone else has any ideas...:confused:

Re: thanks for input! and yet...

kerriganm said:
thanks, guys. yeah, i know, microsoft sucks raw eggs. (and i did just download the latest netscape and safari... i guess i needed the added incentive.)

and yet... i'm a web designer and i need to test on all major platforms and browsers, so i'd still like to solve this problem. if anyone else has any ideas...:confused:

Oh well thats a different story...

About your problem - As far as anything we could do, youre pretty much out of luck. Im going to refer this to the internet sectionm of the forums, see what they can do to help you out.

Solution working in windows XP

Type this lines in your DOS command prompt:
regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 shell32.dll
regsvr32 oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 mshtml.dll
regsvr32 urlmon.dll

It works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back