Creating your own forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see a Terayon Style for 3.x only 2.0.23 ... can you point to where you downloaded it from?

Terayon 2.03
This template features hues of blue, silver and white. It has a professional, clean style ...
By: lithosphere
Downloads: 4344
Rating: 3.89 / 5
phpBB Version: 2.0.23
^^^ Wont work

Also a tip, make sure that the root folder is under the style folder when unzipped... sometimes, depending on the program you used to unzip them and upload them will add an additional folder. <<< by your FTP screen shots, seems like you got this under control...

Duh. Thank you, wrong version of phpBB.

Well that problem should be fixed when I get home. Another one.....on the forums the username appears to the right of the post, instead of left like here and most others. Does that have to do with the style, or is there some other way to change that?

There is a way to change that. At ToV, we just ended up using a different style that had it on the left instead of right. But, prior to that, it was on the left and I was able to track down a simple way to fix it. I'll find it and post it later.

EDIT: This is what I ended up doing... Change avatar position in phpBB3
couple things made it weird though ... the "ONLINE" jpg was backwards, some "minor" details. If you don't want to deal with too many initial configuration woes, I'd just stick to a style that has it on the left already.

I just changed the entire style. Much better than the default.

BTW, you can visit it if you like.

Oh....one more. The auto-login feature isn't working. I haven't seen or messed with anything like that in the ACP. Don't know why it logs out everytime I close the web browser.

Lol oh yea ... There's that ...

You might be better off using the phpbb community forums for help.
I'm sure that the volunteers here are just trying to get everyone to abide by rules here... But your link may be confused with some sort of motive to get help. It must have been the way you worded it...
At the phpbb forums, they more or less have to see peoples sites in some cases .... So links are encouraged there. I'm picturing your site though ... And it's beautiful ;)

In addition, I can recommend you to use vBulletin forum software - it is the most preferable one.

Yea, there's no sense in paying for something you are just getting your feet wet with. Phpbb is extremely popular for different reasons than vB is. Base your decision on your need and uses, not because its the most "preferred". Something that will always trump other forums is security. vB is far more secure than a lot of other forum bases out there. You get what you pay for in that respect.

True, but if you stay up to date with the latest updates and hotfixes, and be smart all around, you'll be fine with free software.

I tag around a lot of very popular and active forums that use open source software and they never have any security issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom