copy/send software

Pirc8

Beta member
On one of my computers is a piece of software shown on the desktop as an icon. I need to copy it to a second computer in order to verify that its newly loaded data is accessible before sending it to someone online. This is for business purposes.
Background: Burning a CD was the first attempt at making a copy of the software however the newly loaded data was inaccessible. (if this would have worked I could simply send the person the CD via post office.) In the 2nd attempt I tried copying the software to a USB Flashdrive but while copying process underway my computer interrupted it with a windows update. Thereafter the same steps failed to get copying process going. I tried 'formatting' the flashdrive from internet instructions, but I still cannot get the copying process going.

This usually requires the other person to run the software installer. The exception is commonly known as portable software. What is the name of the software?

Am I to understand you have a piece of software on PC1, and you would like to operate this same piece of software on PC2?

Yeah, you probably will need to get the original software media, and install it from there. Besides the fact most programs insert a lot of entries into your system's registry, there is a good chance that it installs a few files in other folder besides the designated program folder, such as in C:\ProgramData. In other cases, the software might require certain DLL's to be registered with the system, or it needs support DLL's such as VisualBasic or .NET or C++, etc.

There really is no clean way to copy software from 1 pc to another, without using the original install media. So my suggestion would be to start there.

It may be feasible to install logmein or teamviewer to allow the other person to connect to the pc that has the software installed. When they need to use the software, they would "remote in" to the machine running in your office. You should check your software license agreement before doing this though.

ChessOK Aquarium, which was purchased as a CD before installation. Data refers to an 'opening book' which may be better understood as a database. One may consult the rybkaforum.net for matters relating to. I am unaware of even the slightest legal violation relating, however I am a complete amateur with comp tech; a professional would have a much different setup in this office. I am independent and have been working alone on this project full-time for 12 years and am member of USCF, ID# 12856229. Please allow me to validate any legal concern by following your directions; time not an issue and I can offer a phone number in Illinois. The issue is that I cannot get anyone in tech field to warm up to this; there is excessive depth and intensity which many even in the chess field are turned off by. The person to whom this is to be sent to is a 30 year computer expert who requested the material be sent in what's called PGN format. I have been in contact with ChessOK and the rybka forum for years. All phases and intentions of this projected have been shared; the most telling formal statement about using their software came from Nick Carlin, developer of the opening book I used within the software who said "best of luck with the project, here is a link on how to start your own online business." The question I asked was about selling something which would include "his" opening book. I welcome all facts and ideas. thanks for responding

ask for instructions on how to backup and restore the software.

repeat this process to backup from your computer

and restore on the expert's computer

I would assume the expert would need to buy a copy of the software first. Make sure the software versions match.

I've already spent time asking about this on the forum, however in a much different choice of terms. Your exact question has been posted at rybkaforum.net and I'll let you know as soon as it comes. thx

Back
Top Bottom