cookie problem with ie7

Status
Not open for further replies.

grkbar

In Runtime
So I finally got the updates for my dads work comp. and downloaded ie7. Everything works fine however, there is problems with logging into sites. For example, he is not able to log into his e-mail through comcast as it just displays a cookie error. I installed firefox and the problem did not occur. Is there anyway to fix this problem with ie7 as he wants to stick with ie. Thanks

Tools>Internet Options. In there is all the cookie settings. You should adjust it to accept cookies and allow for them to be saved if you wish. If you do not have the menu bar active then hit Alt+F first to bring up the Menus.

tools>internet options>privacy>advanced is another place to see the two settings of "overriding automatic cookies handling" and "Always allow cookie sessions".

In the security tab you can also set the last item seen in all four sections at the bottom to "automatic logon with current user name and password".

This will see that all user names and passwords are maintained without the need to retype each on every visit. With FireFox you would simply use the password manager making things a little easier there rather then remembering all these.

(I've been doing enough of that lately for some reason. :eek: :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom