content advisor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Kolat

Beta member
there is a password in place on my pc preventing me from accessing any webpage. a notice appears telling me about security content advisor. i believe that one of my friends put it in place as a practical joke. i have to use other computers than my own to access the internet now. is there anyway to disable this block without knowing the password?

i've tried reínstalling the browser but it gets stuck at the point where it needs to access their webpage. the password is in internet settings so it is probably fixed to the computer rather than the browser. he says he doesn't remember the password which is likely cos he was quite drunk. am i going to be left internetless??? i really need to get this fixed.............

Joe Kolat said:
it is probably fixed to the computer rather than the browser.

You're right on this (Sorry, I forgot about that)

This procedure involves editing the Windows registry. Making changes to the registry can cause serious problems if done incorrectly.

========================================

Open the registry.

Click Start, then Run type regedit and the registry editor will open.

Using the navigation tree on the left side of the registry editor window, navigate to this registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\
Windows\ CurrentVersion\Policies\Ratings

Click on the key to highlight it, then press the Delete key. You have just deleted the registry key that contains the content ratings and password.

Click File, then Exit to exit the registry editor.

Thats it! Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom