Connectivity issues with a single website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ardixan

Baseband Member
Specifically, the website I seem to be having issues with is newegg. I've been trying to order computer parts from there, but I can't connect to the website entirely.

Most of the website loads without any lag whatsoever, just like every other website. When I attempt to login, add to wishlist or add to cart, or view my cart, however, it simply times out or resets. I'm not sure what the problem as is and would like input based on observations if anyone knows what it may be.

1.) Sometimes, not all the time, my antivirus prompts me with:

'Firewall alert! Intrusion attempt detected: NMAP TCP Scan:
Firewall has blocked this traffic.'
Direction: Inbound
Services: TCP High Ports in

It seems to be in connection with trying to connect to any link involving secure.newegg.com, while the general newegg website works with zero problems. I time out or reset when I try to add to wishlist, add to cart, login or view my cart.

- I've attempted turning off intrusion prevention, my firewall in entirety and my antivirus entirely, including all three at the same time. It still doesn't work

- I've tried doing the above, as well as restarting both Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Neither browser seems to work.

2.) I have, however, noticed that if I quickly close Firefox or IE, whether my firewall and av are on or off, then go to the newegg website immediately upon restarting Firefox/IE. I can add one or two items to my cart/wishlist or move to the login/registry page. A minute later, however, the problem has returned. By the time I get to the third item, it has started again. This happened about six times, so it and everything else noted above are multi-tested and repeatable.

I'm at the end of my wits; does anyone know what's wrong?

Does it seem like a problem on my end or a problem on their end? The only thing I haven't tried that I know to is time.

Go to the virus section and follo wOsiris's guide to spyware removal. There has to be something on your machine. I have been to newegg just the other day and i placed a order no problem.

Plus there is no viruses on the site. So something has to be prompting your browsers to time out on the site and also prompting your AV to go off.

Nothing is forcing my AV to turn off; I turned it off myself, as well as the firewall, to see if they were the problem for the connectivity issues. My AV/firewall are the same thing. They're F-Secure, but a special version of it provided by my ISP, Charter Cable. Why is it only this site that it locks down on?

I tried using another computer in the house on the same connection, but without any AV, and I have the same problems as on this PC. I tried resetting the caches and cookies, as well as browser history for my browsers on both computers and I still have the same problem. I doubt it's adware or spyware, as I run Ad-Aware quite frequently. I'm 99% sure I'm clean; it's a connectivity issue with, specifically, secure.newegg.com, but I'm not sure what or why.

Furthermore, at the moment, the rest of newegg.com isn't working for me either...what the heck is it with this one website?

Well i've been browsing various parts of NewEgg for around 15 minutes now and have had no issues.

Forthermore, and i hate to break this to you, but just using Ad-Aware is not going to keep you clean of spyware!

I am 99% sure that F-Secure and Ad-Aware will not prevent you from getting spyware or a virus.

As Bugg said i have been on NewEgg for at least 30 minutes without any issues. On both my connections and the unsecure wifi network near me. Just to test out that it wasnt just me.

So either you should try the Spyware guide provided by Osiris or contact your ISP and see if they have filters on for that site. As the site works just fine.

To even go further. I have loaded NewEgg up along with my sidebar over it so you can see the time and date of the pic.

ImageShack - Hosting :: neweggla8.jpg

So it has to be something on your end.

Odd; this is the first time the other computer has been connected to the internet and it gave the same problem. The other computer also doesn't have any AV on it or a firewall, so it's clean so far as that blocking it. That indicates it wouldn't be a virus or spyware, neh?

Would my router block it?

Odd; this is the first time the other computer has been connected to the internet and it gave the same problem. The other computer also doesn't have any AV on it or a firewall, so it's clean so far as that blocking it. That indicates it wouldn't be a virus or spyware, neh?

Would my router block it?

Just because it doesnt have a AV or firewall doesnt make it clean. It can easily be affected by the same thing that is affecting your system.

Your router could block it. But only if you adjusted the settings. Reset the router and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom