connection active but no browsing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronvongogo

Fully Optimized
hi all,

odd problem here Sometimes when using my computer if im downloading files or on msn, my browsing ability stops no browsers work. Even though my connection is active as downloads still continue, I use a wireless belkin MIMO router and have 2 pc`s in a network with it.

If I go into my msn tools > options > connections tab it says my connection is there but if I trouble shoot, it says problems with host files and key ports dont no if that helps, Iv tryed the repair service on msn messenger didnt work either.

lol **** im not getting my 15 meter cable out! it runs fine until i do something which takes up alot of bandwith. And if its active then i think my router is having port or IP problems although my ip is the same and doesnt change in IPCONFIG.

its a recent problem, its been fine for ages until the last 2 weeks or 3 weeks maybe. It could be due to the 2nd pc connected its dying and cuts out alot so could damage my connection, but not sure. To fix the problem i go into the router settings reset it then i have to reset my comp and everythings fine again.

So , If you unplug the 2nd machine, your connection is fine ?
It holds DL and browsing function ?

Im assuming both machines are wireless... How close are the machines to eachother ?

The 2nd machine could be crossing signals.

well when the other pc is switched off I think the problem still occurs, im port forwarding on my router could that be the problem so when using msn ports and downloading using software could be having trouble :S

Could be giving it problems... When you reset the router do you put the (PF) back into the router or are they still there from when you set them up the first time ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom