Connect Turtle Beach and Computer wirelessly

vichwiv

Beta member
I have a turtle beach x32 headset. I know that you are supposed to use the chat adapter cable to connect it to your PC but I noticed that the transmitter uses 2.5/5ghz dual band wifi. And I know using programs such as connectify you can turn a laptop (Such as mine) into a router.

Is there a way I can get my computer to broadcast the wifi signal and have my headset pick it up and pair with it? Kinda like tricking it into thinking my computer is the transmitter.

No. The transmitter only sends the audio signal to your headset and uses proprietary software/hardware to do so. It may use a wifi radio to reduce interference during gaming, but the two can only mate to each other via the pairing button and a traditional wireless card is not setup to do the same thing.

I'm not sure why you would want to do this anyways. You wouldn't get chat functionality on your PC this way because the mic is setup to run through the Xbox controller to the console like a console headset. USB is only used for power and the wireless transmission is only used for audio.

Back
Top Bottom