Computer forgets some of my passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyual767

In Runtime
Hello everyone. I've got a 2 month old computer (with XP) that has been working great until about a week ago. It picked up this bad, annoying habit of losing my ebay and hotmail passwords. Even though I have checked "remember this password" or "keep me logged in", it still dumps the password 3 out of 4 times. It didn't do this until about a week ago :mad: .

It doesn't seem to forget my passwords to my car forums or to my radio control boat forums that I like to regularly visit. Only hotmail and ebay, which I also visit regularly.

What is causing this and how do I fix it? Thank you for your help fixing this annoying problem!

Switch to Firefox. I have never had it to drop a single password.

Is it internet explorer that is losing the passwords or is it some setting in my computer?

I had Firefox for a while but got rid of it after I thought it was doing some weird stuff. I may go back to it.

Thanks, ekÆsine. I went to the link that you posted, printed out the instructions and did what it said. I rebooted my computer, went to hotmail and logged on. I then closed out IE and then logged back on. I went back to hotmail and it forgot my password again :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: !

It's funny how my computer doesn't forget the password for this site nor to my other hobby websites :confused: . Just hotmail (now all the time :mad: ) and ebay (most of the time.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom