Compare and Contrast IE9 & Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt call it biased cause it was written by an MVP. I am an MVP and i have clearly made it known for the longest time that my preferred browser was Opera of IE. I even went on to use Firefox and Chrome for the longest time. It wasnt until IE9 that i actually went back to IE.

Being a MVP doesnt mean that we still can have our own opinions. We are considered real world experts in certain areas and are in no way under any kind of agreement to only boast Microsoft products.

Yea, but I'm thinking that he's bias because he's been researching MS for so long. I think it makes sense that MS decided to designate him as a MVP because of his knowledge and communication about MS product(s). The article seems to be one sided to me, highlighting how IE9 is better than Chrome. I guess I shouldn't make comments until i use Chrome. I haven't installed it yet.

So what if MS awarded him? They awarded me the MVP for 4 years now. Yet i clearly show my appreciation for Ubuntu:

I just got done installing Ubuntu 10.10 and i must say i really do like the improvements made since i last used it. No more messing with xorg to get my screen setup right, no more messing with so much to get the right drivers installed. It is now really simple to use. I have to mess around a bit more and get more stuff installed but so far i must say this is a great improvement since 8.04.

So if your theory is correct i would be showing how Win7 is superior or better. Since that is my area of expertise.

Now i am not saying that there isnt some biased statements and this guy could very well be biased. But it could be that he is just against Google itself and not just for IE. He could make the same remarks about any other browser.

Considering his very first remark about the difference, is the same arguement that can be used against any browser. Firefox, Flock, Opera, Safari and so on all have 2 lines for the address and tabs. Only IE9 does have them in the same line. So that is a slap against all browsers, but since he is talking specifically IE9 vs Chrome he has to single just that one out.

He even gives Chrome credit for the placement of the Favorites Bar. So he cant be completely biased if he is willing to admit that this was not something that MS thought up on their own.

Now the concept of the Thumnails when opening a new tab he is biased. As he explains how IE9 you can tweak it to get more items, but fails to mention how you can get extensions for Chrome to do the same thing. That one i will give you. That was completely baised toward IE9.

The next one, the speed tests, he is right on. Many sites have already done such speed tests showing IE9 is faster than other browsers. So that one isnt biased, it is just truth.

The last part is kinda true. Cause it is based for Win7 and it is based to give the user the maximum experience. The transparency behind the skin is a nice feature keeping the focus on the content. Something that i have only seen done with Opera and Firefox. Safari and Chrome dont have transparent skins that i have found. So you can have your focus taken away from the content.

So overall i wouldnt call his article biased. As he even states at the very end that youe experience may vary and this is only what he found in his research. I cant really argue with him either on some of the points, cause they are true and honest. Like i said, he did have that one flaw where he only told about tweaking IE9 to have more items on a blank new tab but nothing on the Chrome side. That is just being silly. That is a default install which he claimed he was testing and failed to mention Extensions that could accomplish the same thing.

Like i said being a MVP doesnt automatically make someone biased. He actually has some good facts that can be said about many browsers, not just Chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom