Chrome, Google's New Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Google Plans to Launch Web Browser

Downloaded and tested and it is just fast! If they could add some better themes and add extensions it would be great :D

Its great, oh man it is great.

Sorry, it loads way quicker, the saved favourite websites is awesome. And wow, were did this awesome browser come from ?

It's sky blue theme is just sexy :D

edit:

Wow, a task manager :) neat, and the stats for nerds button ? well thats just too cool.

Your sarcasm astounds me, Oreo.

If that's not sarcasm, then I pity you so, so much...

Been using it for 2 hours (downloaded it during dinner) and it is awesome! Needs a Linux version, but they say one is in progress. The theme is great and it runs well. I think I'll be using it for a while to see how it compares to Firefox.

I think all it needs is zoom feature like ff3 then its pretty good. It seems kind of like it's using the ff2 engine. does anyone know for sure what browser engine it uses??

It uses the Webkit Rendering Engine. Basically the same engine as Safari.

Facebook and MySpace are broken. No way to really manage yoru bookmarks. No way to add new bookmarks.

Some things need to be fixed but for sure it is a good start. Not enough to make me switch from Opera.

It uses the Webkit Rendering Engine. Basically the same engine as Safari.

Facebook and MySpace are broken. No way to really manage yoru bookmarks. No way to add new bookmarks.

Some things need to be fixed but for sure it is a good start. Not enough to make me switch from Opera.

You can add new bookmarks with Ctrl+D, but I agree some things need to be added/changed.

One cool feature is the On Startup - where you can add pages that load with the browser, all in tabs. Click the wrench on the top right, then options. It's at the top under the Basics tab.

That feature is present in IE, Firefox and Opera already. ;)

Just have all the tabs that you want open with the browser and then in their options click the use current setting. Will have those tabs open when you open the browser. Not a new feature. :p

Thanks for the heads up on the add bookmark thing. Kinda odd. I am use to mouse clicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom