Chrome error message on startup...

mwwwilson

In Runtime
Ok, so this has been going on for a while now on my laptop. I get this error message upon opening CHROME and it happens every time that I reopen the browser.

The error message is as follows:
Google Chrome:
Your profile could not be opened correctly.
Some features may be unavailable. Please check that the profile exists and you have permission to read and write its contents.
These messages pop up like 5 times over each other upon the browser opening. I sign in to Google and go through all the browser settings to sign me in upon the browser opening. But as soon as I shut down the browser it completely forgets everything. When I open the browser, I get all the same error messages.
I googled the error message and found a site that shows the exact problem that I have going on. The page states, for Windows 7 (my OS) to do the following:
1 – Quit Google Chrome
2 – Open Computer
3 – Navigate to C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\
4 – Delete the file named “Web Data”
5 – Start Google Chrome and the error should be gone.
Well, the problem is that I have no AppData folder in my Users\{username}\ folder.
I have done a local search for “Web Data” on my hard drive which finds nothing.
Also, when I navigate to my Google folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\)… there are only three folders which do not contain any type of user data in them.
I use Firefox most of the times but I have Firefox set to my online schooling homepage and only use it for school. I use Chrome for most all of my general web browsing because of extensions that I use that block ads and popups. I can go without Chrome, I guess, if it comes to it. I am just wanting to figure out what the heck is going on with it. This all started about two months ago and it is driving me nuts!
Cookies are turned on in settings. Thinking that Chrome may use cookies to keep your account signed in.
Anybody? What's going on here?

Thanks,
Mark W

Start > Control Panel > Folder Options > View tab > Under Advanced Settings find "Hidden Files and Folders" and select "Show hidden files and folders."

You should be able to see your AppData folder.

You can also go straight to your AppData\Roaming folder (and then navigate up 1 folder) by going to the Address Bar in Explorer and typing in: %appdata%

It's a system/environment variable for Windows systems.

Back
Top Bottom