Choosing The Right Browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewsvalesen

Daemon Poster
I like the addons with firefox and the overall visual quality..(Specifically the foxmarks,and stumble upon)
And I like the low mem usage of IE7 *havent tried ie8*

Is there any medium for me?

And how does Opera stand on this? I've never used it.

Opera is what you would look for. It is faster than IE or Fox (WIthout the Fasterfox extension. With that Fox gives a good chase).

Opera can be customized with skins. It is tougher to get add ons though as it doesnt have a specific set like Firefox. But if you go to the Opera forums you can find some user created things and use those. In the Important Thread Sticky i created here there is a long list of browsers you can at least check out.

Maxthon, or KMeleon might be a good choice as well. Along with TheWorld Browser or Flock.

IMO Opera is the best. I have used it since version 8.5 (When it went free) and never looked back. Flock is built off of the Firefox engine. As well as SeaMonkey. Flock is built for Social Networking with things like Flickr and that. SeaMonkey is more toward the Multitasking aspect. Where you can do email, IRC and all that from the browser.

So it is really a toss up between Flock and SeaMonkey as they are both based on the Gecko engine.

Meh. Just go with either FF or Opera. FF can be set up like Flock or Seamonkey, so why bother with a watered down version?

Opera is consideribly lighter on resources than firefox, though, especially if you are resource conscious. Any browser will use a lot of resources if you keep 10,000+ flash based webpages open in tabs, but opera will start with less, and run effectively with less. It also has a rather large set of built-in features, so the need for plug-ins is less.

Its a tiny download, but it includes: AWESOME Download manager. Much better than firefox's. The download manager is the style of FDM. Also has IRC client, Voice Control, Notes to Self, Contacts, Widdgets, Bookmarks (of course), RSS feed reeder, manages pop mail accounts, and has a history search for content rather than just urls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom