Cheating fantasy football commissioner

Status
Not open for further replies.

strozewskina39

Beta member
I don't know if this is the right forum but I'll give it a shot, I have reason to believe the commissioner of my fantasy football league altered the schedule midseason to favor himself. It in turn cost me the division championship and a shot in the playoffs. Large money is at stake here, and I was wondering if anyone could give me some information on a way to get proof. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

It's a CBS league and I contacted them, just was wondering if there was anything I could do on my own if they can't help.

There is nothing you can do. There is no laws in any country in the world that will protect a person when it comes to online fantasy leagues. If CBS cant help, then dont join a league that isnt backed by the NFL or ESPN.

Basically I wanted to know if there was a way I could go into my web browser's history and find a snapshot of how the schedule looked prior to the alleged change. I went in the "history", clicked the "show all" and was unsuccessful. Just wondering if there was more I could do to "go back in time" for proof.

Gambling is illegal :)

As Mak said, no there is nothing that can be done. You MIGHT be able to go into the league settings and depending on the league it may show changes made.

I play yahoo and espn, both show changes made to the league (points, schedule, team manager, trades, etc).

Take it as a lesson learned, don't play for money against people that you don't trust. Kind of a catch 22 because in order for money leagues to even work you usually have to collect the money before the season starts (otherwise you end up playing mob boss trying to get your money for the league).

Also cookies that are saved locally on your PC don't save things like that, they save ad's, pictures and layout. Thinks that will make your browser load the page faster by not asking the server for the picture, it can just pull it locally. Also ad's will taylor what they post on a site based off your other website visits. It's not going to save something like a league schedule - something that is in depth into the website and isn't really a static type display (like a border or banner).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom