Change IP Address

Status
Not open for further replies.

April88

Beta member
I would like to change my computer's IP address (69.xxx.xx.xx) which to my understanding is different from my router IP address (192.xxx.x.x.). Is their any way to manually change my computer's IP address?

If you have a dynamic ip, if you shut down your modem overnight you should be assigned a new ip.

It will be in the same range but different.

If you are using a modem/router then the ip address is configured by your ISP. I've shut down my modem for a few minutes and then it usually gives me a new ip address.

If you have your own router then you can manually configure the ip address it generates to your local LAN/PCs.

There are a few ip changing applications out there but I have not played with any of them. They may make the task a bit more user friendly than pulling the plug!!

-Jiminy777

They dont work. I can tell you that straight up cause i still get your ISP assigned IP address when you post on this site. Yeah you may get a new one assigned after unplugging your modem. But as soon as you enter this site your IP is logged and i can find it. There is nothing software wise that stops your outgoing IP to the world from being changed or masked. We can tell if it is a Proxy or not as well. There are just as many sites out there to trace your IP as there is to find it. Those tricks are only temporary.

They dont work. I can tell you that straight up cause i still get your ISP assigned IP address when you post on this site. Yeah you may get a new one assigned after unplugging your modem. But as soon as you enter this site your IP is logged and i can find it. There is nothing software wise that stops your outgoing IP to the world from being changed or masked. We can tell if it is a Proxy or not as well. There are just as many sites out there to trace your IP as there is to find it. Those tricks are only temporary.
If you can tell whether it's a proxy or not and stuff like that, what's the benefit of a proxy then if it suppose to hide your IP? Also what about those software (guessing proxies also) that are advertised to make you anonymous on the net?

You have to know a few things to know if it is a Proxy or not. It isnt just a straight up "Yeah thats a proxy" type thing. After 5 years of working on the internet and doing Admin stuff with websites i can pretty much guess if it is a proxy or not. Not to mention that there are several hundred sites out there that have the IP list of jsut about every Proxy that can be used.

So yeah they are only to get around an IP ban directed at your specific IP.

Those anonymous things are junk. All they do is have you surf the web through their servers using their IP address. Everything done on the internet leaves a trace of some sort. There is always an IP left behind. You cant access anything on the internet without an IP Address of some sort. Be it via a proxy server or a server like OpenDNS. Anyway you look at it you have an IP address that can be used to trace your moves.

If something was done on this site and they were using a proxy we could get a court order for that proxy service to tell us what IP address was using their service at the time in question. So nothing is done without some sort of trail. Despite these "claims" that you can do stuff without detection. There is always a way if you know how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom