CC and BCC in emails...(bcc showing recepients..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawan AbuSalman

Daemon Poster
Hi,

I have read a long time a go something about CC (carbon copy) and BCC (blind carbon copy) that BCC does not reveal the email addressess of the recepients you are sending...(ie, if you send an email with 10 addresses in the BCC form, none of the repeints can see the email address of the others you sent to...)

I was trying that with Gmail...I sent an email to one of my addresses, with my primary email address in the BCC form + another email address...
when I received the message in my primary email address, the address of the other email address (which was in the BCC too) was displayed in the header of the message....

Why is that??

I need to send an email to many many people but dont want anyone of them to know the email address of the other....(theoratically, the BCC option....) but as it appears, even if the addresses are in bcc...they are showing..

Also, while on the subject, is there any program or email client that can do this (send emails to several addresses) easily or efficiently...? I was planning on doing it using Gmail...(regualr..compose....) but then, I will have a problem that whenver I want to send the email again to the same people (it is like a monthly offer I want to send to ppl) I will have to do the same thing all over again...(Is there any porgram that does that for me? or can I save the contact list and just simply select the list and send to all emails in it..?)

any help is much appreciated...

thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom