cat 5e cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
ive got an interview in 3 hours time and i need help about wiring, for comp to hub hub to router you use straight through which is

1.w/g
2.g
3.w/o
4.blue
5.w/b
6.o
7.w/br
8.br

and you terminate both ends with the same cable order

but for crossover ie comp to comp hub to hub what is the cable order and do you terminate both ends the same ie crossover or is one crossover and the other straightthrough

If i recall correctly a crossover switch you swap the green and blue on one end. But its been a while since i made a crossover cable.

given your first example pinout your crossover cable would be:

first end:
1.w/g
2.g
3.w/o
4.blue
5.w/b
6.o
7.w/br
8.br

second end:
1.w/o
2.o
3.w/g
4.blue
5.w/b
6.g
7.w/br
8.br

hey... ive got the job i cant believe it im so excited btw they didnt ask me technical questions atall so complete waist of time but oh well

Great! So, what's the job?

And, you learned something in this thread right? So... not really a waste of time right? hehe

In this particular situation, I see a waste of time being:
Learning to make a crossover cable, then stripping a straight cable and MAKING a crossover cable... putting it in your pocket..... driving to the interview..... having the crossover cable in your pocket during the interview in hopes that they will ask you if you know what one is so you could whip it out and say... HERE'S ONE!

the jobs a technician/engineer go to different sites situated in the companys area and design, install,maintain EPOS eg tills its an awesome job i get to have mobile company car and laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom