Cant see graphics in some sites..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolly

Baseband Member
In some sites that i visit, instead of seeing a graphic i see an empty box with a red ex in the top corner.. Have i something disabled that should be enabled?? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

You may want to include some more system information, like what browser you are using. Not all sites design for all browsers.

Dave :D

DMo224 said:
You may want to include some more system information, like what browser you are using. Not all sites design for all browsers.

Oops sorry! I'm using IE6. What other info should i post? Thanks :)

its usual to see that occassionally... when web developers miss something... if you see it all the time it may be a memory thing, if the browser doesn't have enough memory the first thing to go are the images... how many windows do you have open at once?

It could also be your security settings or some of the settings under advanced in Tools, Internet Options.

If it only happens occassionally, I wouldn't worry about it.

Also, if you want to see if the graphic/pic will load, you can right click and select properties. Cut-n-paste the url and see if it shows.

it could also be that the website youre trying to view doesnt have the file, and therefore cant display the image. If youre into lookin at lots of personal websites made by random people, this could happen. But if you get the red box on yahoo.com, then your computer has problems.

Lolly, have you tried cleaning out your TIF folder?

As icarus mentioned, it could also be that the website host no longer has those images you're trying to view on their server.

Try R-clicking on the red-X and select "Show images or pictures".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom