cant read yahoo mails

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdan

Daemon Poster
I have the old version of Yahoo. Until yesterday I was able to read mails fine. Now I cant. I've tried disabling all the extensions / addons etc, and even uninstalled / resinstalled Firefox, I'm still having this problem.

When reinstalling I did choose to keep my data, hope that's not an issue.

Also earlier today I did get the option in FF to erase certain either extensions or addons or something. Wondering if that wouldve caused this. But there were only 2 items in the list that I got rid off and they must've not seemed important. Dont remember what they were now unfortunately.

Please help!

What does that mean "I have the old version of Yahoo?". Yahoo is an online based service and you update with them. You may choose to use the old style interface, but no matter what your account updates when they update.

So this would be the fault of the extensions you are using that are causing the conflict with Yahoo and not Yahoo itself.

What does that mean "I have the old version of Yahoo?". Yahoo is an online based service and you update with them. You may choose to use the old style interface, but no matter what your account updates when they update.

So this would be the fault of the extensions you are using that are causing the conflict with Yahoo and not Yahoo itself.

dude, i never implied it was yahoo's fault, was just giving that for information. and yes, im using the old style interface.

re: the extensions i did start firefox in safe mode which i believe is without the extensions, and this problem still happened. and then uninstalled/reinstalled, still happening.

btw yes in IE it loads fine.

Dude, your post makes it completely seem like it is yahoo's fault. Maybe a better choice of words is in order so that people dont think that you saying something your not? After all they are just words on a screen I see. Cause when I see someone say what you said, it makes me think that they blame yahoo.

So as I already said, the extension is the problem. You not only have to delete or remove the extension, but you have to go into your Firefox Profile folder and remove that extension folder to stop it from causing this issue. Just removing the extension does not get rid of your settings. Ever notice that you can remove an extension only to reinstall it some time later and still have all of your previous settings still saved? It isnt a coincidence. It is cause the extension folder is still present.

So you need to dig deeper to remove the offending extension data in order to get it working properly again.

gotcha. cant try those steps right now b/c its on my work computer but will do so on monday.

now i installed FF quite recently so i cant imagine there'd be many extensions on it yet. so can i just goto the profiles folder and erase everything in there? i'd prefer not to lose my bookmarks but that's no big deal since there's only 10 or so.

alternatively if there are 2 extensions and i just want to remove the one that's causing the problem, how do i do that? and once i do determine what's causing the problem what exactly do i erase? i see in the profiles dir there are some folders which have the same names as extensions, will simply erasing said folder do the trick?

Hi again, I'm back at the work computer.

I went to Troubleshooting Information.

Under Extensions I only see a few of them, none of which look problematic.

Clippings
Java Quick Starter
JavaScript Debugger
Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant
QuickJava

Which should I get rid of?

Thanks!

Try clearing your cache and make sure that non of the settings changed. Ive experienced a lot of problems with yahoo changing over from pop3 to imap when they are still attached to a pop3. And do you check that email often? it may have way to large of emails and its screwing with their servers.

HI "Dude" . I speak from one of little exoperience but try clearing the cache. Tools>Options>Advanced>Clear Now... Just a thought. I had similar problems with DNS cache... now all is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom