Can't log into some websites???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizted_3kgt

Daemon Poster
This problem seems to have come out of nowhere, so i'm assuming one of the windows updates did it. But I can't log into certain websites now. I can't get into my NewEgg account with IE or Firefox, and I can't get into my Streetfire.net account. Those are the only two that i'm aware of currently.

I've been searching for solutions, and everywhere says to "enable cookies" and "make sure your firewall isn't blocking the site". Well my cookies are enabled, i've tried clearing them. The only firewall I have is Windows Firewall, which I tried disabling with no success.

I have a Dell router, which I started looking into. In the "Intruder Report" it shows logs of every failed attempt to log into these sites. So I tried resetting the router, resetting the cable modem, and finally bypassed the router completely. And still to no avail. So the router isn't the problem.

I've tried setting the "privacy" and "security" settings in IE to low. I've tried manually "allowing all cookies". Nothing has worked. I'm really lost for a solution here. This makes no sense to me.

I just reformatted both my hard drives a few days ago and installed a fresh copy of Windows because I had some adware or something that wasn't letting me into my eBay account. I'm now able to get into my eBay account.

I also have a problem with my cd burner. I'll just throw it in this thread just in case anyone reading has an answer for me. It always worked fine with Nero and WMP. Now in Nero it says "this drive is already in use by another application" and WMP doesn't even recognize that it's a cd burner.

Help! :(

Well the Windows firewall isn't like spyware and adware programs, you have to insall those yourself. Did I understand you correctly ? Or did you have them installed already, and now they don't work ?

I don't think you did. I just meant that I don't have any spyware or adware on my computer. It seems like there's a firewall that I don't know about blocking certain types of log-ins. Every other aspect of IE/Firefox is 100% normal/properly working.

Ok, I see what you meant. Well, for one, I dont think you should try to disable the firewall even though you didn't do that anyway. I just received an update yesterday and it restarted my computer automatically. Maybe you received an update that you might have to reboot for it to work properly. Most of the time with updates you dont need to reboot, but some you do. Maybe you could try that. Other than that, I'm stumped.

Well that makes two of us then. I've rebooted a few times, and even uninstalled and reinstalled IE.

The one thing I didn't try is an earlier version of IE. That wouldn't really be a fix, but it might tell me something about whats wrong if it works in an earlier version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom