Can't find internet explorer 8 in windows 7...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
I think I may have uninstalled IE8 a while ago from windows 7. Microsoft's website says that IE8 is built in so I should just be able to click it but.... yea I can't. And I do not see a download option.

Where can I get IE8, and why won't Microsoft just let me download it and install it like I can do with every other OS.

thx

Umm can i ask how you uninstalled something that doesnt have the option to be uninstalled? Internet Explorer is not listed in the Remove Programs of Win7 at all. Nor does it have a uninstaller in the Internet Explorer folder. So my question is how did you do something that is impossible to do normally? Unless you deleted the folder yourself. In which case i would ask what you were thinking. Cause that is just silly.

The reason why they dont offer it as a download, goes hand in hand with what i said above. It cant be removed so why would you need to install it again?!? If you cant remove something there isnt a need to reinstall it. Kinda makes sense to me...

So really fill us in on how you removed it and why. Cause there is no way to get it reinstalled. You will need to use a Restore point, or reinstall. The Browser Ballot Screen has not gone into effect yet.

Turn Windows Features on and off is one way of removing the icon and whatnot, but its still there.

Another way is to reinstall IE8 over top itself.

Download IE8 from here

http://download.softpedia.com/dl/07...re/internet/browser/IE8-WindowsXP-x86-ENU.exe

It works because I tried it. You may need to run Windows Update again. It will be branded SoftPedia but you can change that with a simple reg edit.
This installation does not support your system error....

And mak idk how I did it... but apparently I did.

You on 64bit?

It does work, I did it for someone here and just did it again to re-verify myself.

You could try disabling it in the windows features area. Then enable it again, and see if it picks up that it's gone/missing/uninstalled. Might be able to fix it itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom