Cant access internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastercheif1231

Baseband Member
Hey, I have just built a new computer and I get everything set up and I cant get online through Internet explorer. Under device manager it has a yellow question mark that says PCI Simple Communications controller under other devices. When I go to update driver it says that the hardware cant be installed because it cant find the necessary software. This is odd because I have downloaded and installed all of the drivers from the motherboard manufacturers website and the yellow mark is still there. I am using a Gigabyte GA-8N-SLI PRO motherboard too by the way. In network connections I only have one connection. It's a 1394 connection. I thought I was suppose to have a local area connection also. Also when I try to install the NAM (Network Access Manager) it says the NVIDIA Hardware/drivers cannot be found and then it closes the installer. Does this mean I have a bad motherboard? Everything else works just fine except for the internet. If someone could please help me, I would be grateful. Thank You!

what kind of interntet do you got? because i have dsl and i connected my modem to my computer with an ethernet cable without installing any software drivers on my computer, but if you use a usb cable to connect then you have to install software drivers. So use an ethernet cable if you got dsl.

Ok i figured it out... it was some stupid bios thing. Somehow after i installed the drivers for the mobo, the onboard lan setting had been disabled somehow. Thanks anyways for your help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom