Cannot connect to the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PwnageSoul

Beta member
Hey guys, well I just reformatted my computer regarding another issue. I installed a fresh copy of Windows XP SP3 and now I cannot connect to my Verizon FiOS internet service. I tried all the possible options in the network setup wizard but it doesn't work. FiOS does not come with a setup CD. The desktop computer that I have (custom built) does not even recognize that there's a wired connection jacked in. I know it's not the fault of my router or the wire itself because I'm connected to the internet right now with another laptop of mine. What can I do? All that shows up in the network connections menu is 1394.

I haven't installed any network drivers. What do I need? I thought it was just plug in and go, since Im not using a laptop. I have an Nvidia 790i Ultra mobo.

Somebody manufactured the motherboard.
what is the manufacturer of your motherboard and model.

examples:
asus p6t deluxe V2
EVGA nForce 790i Ultra SLI

If you do not know run cpuz. CPUID

I have a custom built computer, no manufacturer. :(

So does 90% of the people here.. if you bought custom parts, the motherboard itself has a company that built it... (like my Biostar TA-780G-M2+), I'd go to Biostar's site and get the drivers

I have a custom built computer, no manufacturer. :(
Look at the motherboard. Should be a brand name and (hopefully) a model number.
Then go online and look up the motherboard's manufacturer's website and click on support or download. Then find drivers you need for the your motherboard.

What you are missing there is your network card driver. However I will be suggesting you download all the other drivers.

Another place to look for your motherboard model number is your invoice for your computer. Most quality computer stores will itemise the parts used on your computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom