Cable Modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAznPrid3x

In Runtime
Is there any way to make my internet anybetter because i use it on xbox live and i play rainbow six 3 and maximum hold of people is 16 but i can only hold 8. the modem i am using is a terayon Tj715t and its a rent a modem. Would a motorola surfboard or any other modem help? :D

I don't think so, it's all about the connection you have not the hardware of the ISP.

Yeh thats just your bandwidth...You absolutely cannot get higher bandwidth without upgrading...I dont believe cable will let you upgrade at all...its pretty much a generic 1.5/256(except comcast 3.0/256)

Now keep in mind that even though the download is so high it doesent matter...in gamer servers basically the lowest of the two is the max...so on 256 its basically an 8-9 player max...I would suggest if you really want to host more people to get some speakeasy dsl...speakeasy.net

I would suggest my isp but we only allow 128 upload...good for gaming...but not game serving.

Yes...You could try...My cable company (comcast) only has the one package...at least in my area. Im kinda bummed cuz I cant get dsl and I cant upgrade my cable. You should check out their website...itll prolly tell you. Report back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom