Browsers will not allow me to login to websites using my facebook account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laidir

Beta member
I'm new to the forum. Obviously having pc problems and found my way here from a search for a tech group. I recently upgrade to Windows 7 and can't seem to log in using my facebook ID on websites such as Networked blogs or Goodreads etc. I tried to add an app from Goodreads a while ago and nothing happens when I click the link's to sign in or add the apps. Sometimes after I navigate away and close the browsers there will be a lot of pop ups in the ask bar when I go to close the browser down.

It's almost like some security bug. i have avast anti virus and did have windows defender on, but I have tried disabling them and still can't log in.

I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction to getting the issue resolved,

Cheers

Have you tried a different browser? Have you checked the security settings of IE to allow this activity?

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Yes I can connect on my old PC just not on the new one running win 7. I have tried three different browsers...firefox, ie and safari and none allow me to connect with my facebook profile. As for internet settings...I wouldnt know where to look for settings. Where would I adjust the settings in my browser. I browse with firefox mostly?

I can login to facebook no problem, but when I navigate to Goodreads and the app on there to connect using my facebook profile (or any website off facebook that allows you to login using your facebook account) it will not allow me to. I click buttons and nothing happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom