browser problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdan

Daemon Poster
I've been having some crazy browser problems. I'm at work and there's some stringent security controls put in here. At first all there was here was IE. I was able to add Firefox by doing something with the proxy I think (ie copied a website to enter into proxy which I got from a co-worker). I also had Maxthon, which worked fine without having to play around with the proxy because apparently its built on top of IE. A week or so ago something happened, prolly with Maxthon, and since then I havent been able to run it. Something about do you wish to allow this process yada yada (I'm trying to bring up the error right now but its not coming). If I do bypass it the browser comes up for a few seconds and then disappears. I uninstalled/reinstalled, still happens. I made the mistake yesterday of upgrading to IE7, now even IE wont work for me, it gives the same errors Maxthon was giving. I'll post here again once this error comes up in order to give clarification but if anyone has any idea whats going on, do advise.

In the meantime can anyone advise any other browseR? I have firefox here, opera wont work.

Cheers
Dan

ps: i just minimized this window, a screen for maxthon was up asking something about donations. i bypassed that, browser came up for all of 2 seconds and quit on me. any fix?

Honestly, it serves you right for trying to 'bypass' network security. Maybe you should contact your IT person/department, and have them look at it.

Bypassing stuff is also against the rules here, and can be considered hacking, which is illegal.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom