Browser/modem question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tschoen16

Beta member
i use a cable modem through Charter communications but i had been leasing it for several months and was recently given a similar modem from a friend that i could use instead so i could stop paying to lease one. So I replaced my old cable modem with the new one and rebooted the computer and everything seemed to work fine except for one thing. Whenever i try to go to yahoo.com, the page is hijacked and i get redirected to charter's signup page with a message that i should not be at this site(yahoo). does anyone know what is causing this or how to fix it?

oddly enough, i have a bookmark set up directly to yahoo mail and i can go to that without problem. but if i try to go back to the yahoo home page, it immediately redirects me to charter. any help would be appreciated.

Post a Hijackthis log in the appropriate Section.

Google Hijackthis, download the program, run scan, save the log, post log in the thread.

i think your problem is modem related. Your new modem still might be on someone elses account. I work for Charter Engineering team and i see that all the time.
If you're getting redirected to charters home page or install page then you need to call charter so they can put your new modem on your account or as we call it provisioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom