browser has to be reopened to work after a minute or so

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheky

Baseband Member
So I run a p4 3.0, 896 ram and 512 kbps dsl windows xp

I live in greece so I use OTE as my ISP with a speedtouch modem.

My problem is, my internet will work for a few pages when I first open the browser and then when I try to open a new page (that im sure exists) it just pretends like its trying to open it but just sitting there using none of the network speed. (im sure this is the case as I've turned off everthing else including my anti-virus and whanot to test this)

the weird thing is that when i copy link location, close all instances of the browser, reopen the browser and paste the link that wasnt working just a moment ago. it works? It's some weird connection between my browser or ISP and the internet.

please please please someone know what to do!

Well i think that you coulds try installing the drivers for the moderm or repair them. You could also try and download internet explorer and when the installtion wizards starts you should try repair, this should repair any erros or missing files, or if you still have the windows xp disc, you should try and install it again, this should also fix any errors and missing files BUT IF YOU DO THAT REMEMEBER TO BACK-UP TOUR FILES BECAUSE THEY WILL BE LOST AND YOU WILL ALSO HAVE TO INSTALL ALL YOUR PROGRAMS BACK ON

hope this helps, please reply:) gd luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom